I was nominated yesterday for the “Dragon’s Loyalty Award” by Rachel – the lovely lady behind Illuminated Literation. I’m not sure what exactly this award means, but I’m honored nonetheless (is it really one word??). Even though this is clearly a mythical award, it is still a cool way to tell people that you acknowledge their existence, think they’re fucking neat, and learn more about fellow bloggers. My real question though is where can I find said dragon and am I loyal to him, or him to I?
- Display the Award on your blog.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate six deserving bloggers.
- Write seven interesting facts about yourself.
Six Pretty Rad Bloggers:
- The Bloggess (whose writing I practically worship in a borderline unhealthy way)
- My Least Favorite Child Today (really just the greatest idea ever…I can’t wait to hold annual reviews for my children)
- Finding Ikigai (because she’s a genuine woman with good ideas who actually gives a shit about people)
- His First Mate (because being a Mil SO is fucking hard and she gets that)
- Just in Queso (because cheese and humor are two of the greatest things in life)
- Newish Wife (because her most recent post about pickle brined fried chicken has truly intrigued me…)
Seven “Interesting” Facts About Me
- I love GIFs (but I’m still not sure if it’s pronounced gif or jif). There is a GIF out there appropriate for every occasion.
- I’ve always wanted to write a “Thank You” speech even though I will
probablynever win anything in my entire life. Does this mean I get to write/give one now?!
- I’m terrified that I will not know I am pregnant (in the very beginning) and accidentally go on a drinking binge that will leave my child with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome or some other deformity that is scarring for life.
- I’m also afraid that I am actually unable to bear children…not that I’ve done anything to leave me infertile. Except watching Netflix in college on my laptop as it rested right on my skin, above my uterus…
- I’m really so painfully uncreative/unintersting that it is difficult to come up with 7 interesting facts about me (is this cheating?).
- My fiance and I like to hang out with each other while we poop. We’ve also used each other’s toothbrushes on several different occasions. Who needs boundaries…
- My dream is to write a book someday and/or own my own small business…but I really don’t possess enough skills at the moment to do either, so my dreams will likely crash and burn eventually and join the burial ground where all other adult’s hopes and dreams are laid to rest.
So yea…just want you all to know that I’m working on my thank you speech…